I’ve posted my list of the 25 things that I want to do before I am 25 several times on this blog already. And I’ve updated it over the years when I’ve completely lost interest in certain things. Since I just turned 23, I figured I better post an update on how my list is going. After all, I only have two years left to get everything done! Although to be honest, I’m not sure if I really will get done with all of them. My next year is booked pretty solid already… And I have no intention of marrying an idiot just so that I can cross it off my list. But it is good to have plans!
The main thing I accomplished this year was getting my bachelor’s degree in computer science. Since I haven’t accomplished much else, I’ve italicized the points that I am actively working on right now and added parentheses to points to let you all know how it is going.
- Get bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Get master’s degree in Computer Science (just started my first semester).
- Visit Florence.
- Visit Paris.
- Visit Ukraine.
- Get married (well…after I find the right guy!).
- Build an operating system from scratch.
- Buy a big monitor (either two 20-inch screens or one >24 inch screen)
- Use a raspberry pi to build a home server (or just about anything else. I just really have no idea what I should use my raspberry pi for. Any ideas anyone?)
- Write an app for Android.
- Learn to program in Python (I know, I know. It’s a pretty simple language. But I’ll be learning it officially next spring. I’ve also added Ruby to the languages that I want to learn, but I haven’t made any definite plans about when that is going to happen).
- Learn another language (I’m currently taking Spanish A1 at the university, and I’m planning on continuing trying to learn it).
- Finish reading the Tintenherz trilogy.
- Get 10,000 hits on my blog in one year.
- Learn how to develop web-pages with php (I wrote my first PHP app last summer. It was a database accessing Task app which did nothing particularly special. Some guys at my work were trying to get me to reprogram our Foosball tracker in PHP, but I hope they forgot about it. Overall, I didn’t really like the language. It is a bit too messy, and a bit to… Don’t really know. PHPy? Is that a word?)
- Buy graphic tablet and learn to do a bit of graphic design.
- Read through the Life-study of the Bible (I think I’ll be done with the Old Testament by the end of this year! Yay!)
- Get into the habit of exercising at least 2-3 times a week (I’ve found a running group at the university, and I managed to sneak my way into a yoga course in the University, so I actually am regularly exercising twice a week. On Monday I ran 7.1 km in 36 minutes! I was dead afterwards, but it was a good feeling anyway. In any case, I’m loving it and feeling great! Now I just need to keep up the habit so that I can cross this point off my list in two years).
- Visit Amsterdam.
- Learn how to remotely access other computers (it’s called SSH. And it’s not particularly difficult. If I every need to know anything else about remotely accessing other computers, I’m sure I can just Google it).
- Go to the Opera (hopefully to see the Magic Flute!)
- Build up a habit of having morning revival (I’m working on this. And getting better. But it’s a habitual thing, so I still have to keep it up for two years…).
- Organize/scrapbook all of the souvenirs I have.
- Read through the Bible again (It looks like I won’t make my New Year’s Resolution of reading the whole Bible through in German. But I’m still working away on it, so I’ll definitely be done by my next birthday).
Well…9 completed, 5 in the works, and 11 to go! Could be worse…